Tuesday, November 14, 2017

INSANE IS THE NEW NORMAL: POST FORTY-TWO

Indian Pinks, North Fork of Kings River


     After my wife of thirty years left me, I sifted through old poems that I had written for her on special occasions. I didn’t know at first what I was going to do with them. I was, of course, at one point tempted to destroy them all, but then I realized that they represent the best aspects of a relationship that lasted half a lifetime. We experienced some misery stemming from illness, poverty, and frustrating jobs, but we also immersed ourselves in the mysteries of nature and each other. Even though life has a way of breaking apart the strongest bonds, the moments of profound connection need to be remembered, so I am keeping these songs and presenting them here for you.

You can rent or buy the video book SONGS I KEEP from Vimeo on Demand.

Other video books by the author available at Vimeo on Demand:

No comments:

Post a Comment