Monday, March 27, 2017

INSANE IS THE NEW NORMAL: POST THIRTY-FIVE

Arrowhead Arctic Blue Butterfly



     At Big Creek, where the hillsides blaze with poppies, so many of my paths over the years, though occasionally rocky or difficult to see, suddenly link together, and I feel vindicated because opening myself to the Mysteries, despite all the times I’ve felt lost, ultimately led me to understand my purpose. I have remained open to inspiration, which has enabled me, a chronically ill member of the precariat class, to know the subtle archetypal forces of nature and the power of the Sun. At Big Creek, with the hillsides on fire, I can see my spiritual path clearly from its beginnings to the present day, winding through the spheres of the Moon and Mercury and Venus and ultimately to the sphere of the Sun, where I can feel the influx of the forces of Mars and Jupiter. Others might have considered me a malcontent or a fool because I have repudiated a capitalistic society that ignores and dismisses and demonizes these forces, but I can say now, without any sense of pride, that I have struggled to experience a part of myself that few others have ever recognized, let alone found valuable: My higher self. And this has led to an achievement that belongs to the whole human race: The triumph of the spirit.

Blue Dick and Poppies

     Allow me to place that last statement into perspective: I have suffered from a chronic disease my entire life. For the past forty-five years, the vast majority of people, including doctors, never thought that I was “really” ill, just depressed or psychosomatic. Only in the last two years—after I started experiencing atrial fibrillation whenever I ate gluten and after my stomach stopped digesting food efficiently—a few people have begun to believe me: It’s hard to deny that a person has a problem when his heart goes haywire after he eats certain foods, and he can’t digest fiber and meat properly. But celiac disease and food allergies also affect emotional and mental states. A constant diet of foods that are toxic to a sensitive person’s system eventually leads to brain fog, severe depression, even psychosis. And, unfortunately, instead of receiving support during my worst health crises, I have often been viciously attacked in various ways. (See previous posts.) Yet now at Big Creek, after I have eliminated everything harmful from my diet, and foods toxic to me are no longer polluting my body or my thoughts and feelings, I can clearly see that I have succeeded in living a life of inspiration despite all the misery stemming from my illness, and the veils have fallen: Even though based on my experience I have little reason to feel optimistic about humanity, I know the essential magnificence, harmony and abundance of the human soul.
     I have never been a religious person. Over the years, however, I have evolved spiritually without ever trying to be spiritual—mainly because of a strong compulsion to experience inspiration through nature and the arts. Whether or not the overwhelming desire to feel inspiration sprang from the constant misery of a chronic illness, I cannot say. Nevertheless, each exaltation has resulted in an expansion of consciousness that has never quite retracted, and with each moment of inspiration has come greater illumination, which has created the capacity within me for greater understanding of spiritual principle. In the physical and mental and spiritual realms, we only see what the light illuminates. At one point, for instance, after I cleansed my aura through mental purification, I began having visions of spiritual symbols from the higher astral plane, known in the Qabalah as Tiphareth, the Christ-center, and due to the cumulative experiences of illumination from numerous moments of inspiration, I could soon understand the abstract spiritual principles behind the symbols.

Five-Spot

     What my “heroism” amounts to is simply this: Instead of striving for status or power or money, I have pursued moments of inspiration as I explored nature and the arts—which, ironically enough, some people over the years have considered selfishness. As far as I was concerned, the spiritual inebriation caused by these exaltations often made socially valued pursuits such as making a lot of money or landing a great job seem like huge wastes of time and energy. Eventually, after I found the Qabalah due to synchronicities and spiritual visions, I discovered that these inspirations occur in the sphere of the Goddess Venus, who rules Netzach (Victory), the seventh Sephira on the Tree of Life. In my twenties, after I graduated from college and wandered away from the sphere of the intellect, I entered the forest and returned to the arts to experience treasured moments of inspiration again, and I have since concluded that the Sephira of Netzach, the realm of Venus, remains forever dangerous to the status quo: The inspirations of Venus have opened me and others to the great subtle cosmic forces that exalt the soul and burn away false and limiting beliefs.
     In the realm of Mercury, known as Hod (Splendor), the eighth Sephira on the Tree of Life, I can know those forces intellectually, but in Netzach, I feel them with the heart, and the resulting exaltations, which I seldom experience in the daily grind of a capitalistic society, have often led me to question human institutions that have blinded me to the liberating cosmic forces that make the soul blossom. To Christians this should be especially significant: The exaltations of Venus can swing the soul across a gulf into the Sephira of The Sun, the sphere of harmonizing love and spiritual inebriation on the Tree of Life known as Beauty (Tiphareth), the Christ Center. A society that is both Christian and capitalistic, however, shows how much it fears these subtle, cosmic forces by despoiling nature and treating everything within it as a commodity, and by cutting funding for the arts in our schools and communities, thereby closing the door on exaltations that can awaken the higher self. We cannot know the Son without numerous experiences of inspiration and illumination—and the Son shows us the Father.


Red Bud by Kings River

     “As above, so below” is a maxim within the Qabalah. In other words, the energies within the macrocosm (the cosmos) correspond to the energies within the microcosm (the individual). Another way of looking at it: There is no part of you and me that is not part of the Gods. “Know ye not that ye are gods?” asked one of the most revered spiritual leaders of the past two thousand years. Imagine what sea change would occur if this society actually understood and internalized the meaning of these words.
     Without knowing it at first, through each inspiration I was building an inner temple of the higher self. Moreover, repeated experiences of inspiration eventually enabled me to contact the subtle forces of the cosmos and the corresponding energies within myself. Netzach, the Sephira of Goddess Venus, is the realm of the “Elohim” (Gods). In other words, within the realm of Venus the soul awakens to the subtle forces in the cosmos and ourselves that throughout history the human mind has personified as Gods and Goddesses. Once we begin to awaken these subtle forces, we eventually open the psyche to the Sephira of the Sun, the sphere of harmonizing love and spiritual inebriation associated with the Christ, which, by the way, is neither a man nor a God but a force that each human being can manifest.

Poppies above Big Creek

     Before my unexpected awakening, I never would have believed that a higher self existed. Part of me always wanted to believe what I had been taught over the years—that external validation and ego satisfaction from worldly success would result in some form of happiness. After my awakening, however, I realized that the higher self has nothing to do with satisfying the ego. Instead, awakening the higher self is linked to the exaltation of spirit: A person who clears a path to the higher self through mental purification and inflames the soul through inspiration eventually opens the heart and awakens the spirit. Only after my higher self awakened did I feel the triumph of spirit that is the birthright of each person, a birthright that has been stolen from the vast majority of us by a society obsessed with profit, momentary gratification and ego satisfaction.


Path 14



     On the Tree of Life, Netzach (Victory) and Hod (Splendor) complement each other. Netzach is a Sephira of “feeling with” the subtle, cosmic forces. In Hod, the human mind fashions the forms that ensoul the forces of the Gods so that through worship the forces pour into the soul. Without the element of feeling in worship, nothing significant happens. When the soul experiences the subtle, cosmic forces, exaltation occurs and consciousness expands. If this illumination happens often enough to allow the mind to understand spiritual principle, the higher self awakens and recognizes the light within all things, the One within the Many, the Many within the One.
     Within the Tarot, the Sevens represent the subtle, cosmic forces of the seventh Sephira, Netzach. The symbolic correspondences of each of the Sevens are as follows:


 Seven of Pentacles: Lord of Success Unfulfilled 
Decan: Saturn in 21 - 30 degrees of Taurus 
Tree of Life Association: Venus in Netzach (Seventh Sphere)



Seven of Swords: Lord of Unstable Effort
Decan: Moon in 21 - 30 degrees of Aquarius
Tree of Life Association: Venus in Netzach (Seventh Sphere)


Seven of Cups: Lord of Illusionary Success
Decan: Venus in 21 - 30 degrees of Scorpio
Tree of Life Association: Venus in Netzach (Seventh Sphere)


Seven of Wands: Lord of Valor
Decan: Mars in 21 - 30 degrees of Leo
Tree of Life Association: Venus in Netzach (Seventh Sphere)


     The central focus of the ritual should be The Empress, the Major Arcana card representing Venus. Using the Tarot Pentagram Spread, you can lay the cards out using the process suggested by the illustration below.



     I recommend using the Active Invoking Pentagram because of the Fire within nature. First lay out the foundation cards (The Aces), then the modifiers—the zodiac cards, then the planetary cards, and finally the associated number cards (The Sevens).

     The associated Gods of the Egyptian pantheon are as follows, but remember you can invoke the Gods of any pantheon.

Venus: Hathor (terrestrial) or Isis (celestial)
Saturn: Ptah
Taurus: Osiris or Serapis
The Moon: Nephthys, Khonsu or Thoth
Aquarius: Sothis or Hor Wer
Scorpio: Anubis
Mars: Horus
Leo: Sekhet or Bast

      Be sure to perform the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (LBRP) after the Ritual of Victory. If you are serious about spiritual development, you should perform the LBRP at least once a day in order to protect yourself.







No comments:

Post a Comment